• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root 2.1 *Complex* :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question from me. I am right at installing app2sd and JiT. The problem is that when i want to do the " sh /sdcard/app2sd.sh" it alway tells me

"/system/bin/sh_bak: Can't open /sdcard/app2sd.sh"

And when i want to do the JiT thing it says cd: can't cd to /sdcard/JiT-toggle-0.1...

whats the problem here? SU works....app2sd work at one time but the script could not find the busybox file?..

Thx Guys.

fabian

Upvote 0
i got the same prob like urs for jit, its juz ur pc cant cd ur sd..

i use terminal on my phone to execute the command as a solution

My pc did cd it...

Actually after app2sd when you Connect your phone it connects your ext2 partition automatically even thoug you selected charge the phone..

You need to Click on safely remove hardware and than remove usb storage to unmount the ext2

Upvote 0
Don't bother about titanium backup its useless... install xrecovery... 186free means your app2sd is working...

Enjoy and stop bothering that's my advice :)

Thanks man! :)

2.Use a memory Card reader and connect it to your
PC with your mobile phone s SD Card in it.

You can do this by mounting SD from your phone. No need for memory card reader.

Now I have one more question. I want to buy a bigger SD card. How can I copy all from my old card to a new one without losing any app? :)

Upvote 0
Thanks man! :)

You can do this by mounting SD from your phone. No need for memory card reader.

Now I have one more question. I want to buy a bigger SD card. How can I copy all from my old card to a new one without losing any app? :)

Just backup everything using xrecovery and than app2SD the new card and than do restore...

Remember xrecovery will backup only your complete system (including the ext2 partition)however your card data will stay on your card so don't format your card unless you don't need it :)

Upvote 0
i've successfully app2sd'd my phone! though i noticed that the "actual available storage size" in my sd partition 2 (the one for app2sd) is invisible. it's only the internal phone storage that is displayed in settings (it's the 174mb display in a post about 2.1 root add-on's).

i partitioned my sd card into 6-2 parts (i have an 8gb card). after app2sd, i remember i have 182mb internal phone storage. after installing a host of apps (including biggies as handcent [5mb] and angry birds [14mb]), my internal phone storage went down to 178mb only! is it because the apps are now dumped to the sd card? if that's the case, why was my internal phone storage still decreased by 4mb?

does it really work that way?

Upvote 0
I too installed all kinds of apps and my internal mem is 66.1/211.7 MB, and slightly increasing when installing applications...

Internal memory will decrease due to caches.. i installed the file posted in XDA X8 forum but still caches are in internal memory only. we can use "Cachemate for Root" application from the market, to clear caches and increase phone's internal memory..

Reactions: vince_junior
Upvote 0
I too installed all kinds of apps and my internal mem is 66.1/211.7 MB, and slightly increasing when installing applications...

use the script I've uploaded here (thanx to xda) it moves cache to the card too ..

but before you do it uninstall app2sd..

to dat just run the script again and it will give you option to uninstall it..

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones