• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Battery life vs 2.2 OTA?

Rooting will not in and of itself effect your battery life .... think of it as getting access to the administrative account on a computer versus a standard user account.... there would be no change in the performance of the machine by doing so.

What you can do however, is uninstall some of the bloatware, install custom kernels or ROMs with tweaks for battery life, and apps like SetCPU. All I have done is install a custom ROM and my battery life seems to be the same if not slightly worse than standard 2.2 OTA.

Upvote 0
The best I had when my phone was bland and I as using root with stock 1300 battery was 34 hours up time with I think close to 10 hours awake time at 1% battery life. It was light to moderate usage.

Now, I have a lot more stuff on my phone, no bloatware, and use it with moderate to heavy useage but still get about 15 hours of uptime and I think I had 4-5 hours of awake time with 9% life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones