• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Explorer Instability With ApeX...

kwest12

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
So I've done some searching and can't really find anything that seems to discuss my problem.

So those of you who have screwed around with root explorer surely know how imperative the search function can be (especially when hunting pesky remainder shards of a program that cause problems).

For some unknown reason to me root explorer has become unstable when performing searches now that I'm on ApeX 1.3.1.... I came from rubix 1.8.6 yesterday by way of a full 2.3.15 sbf, an OTA (to 2.3.34 obviously), rooting via z4root, loading ApeX via clockwork bootstrap.

Now when I run searches root explorer will just randomly shut down while I'm searching without warning. I have cleared its data, installed and reinstalled root explorer. I've even used older versions that I had saved with titanium backup and mybackup pro: still no dice. Clearing some of the caches using cachemate didn't really do anything either.

Anyone have any insight that may help me? I NEED root explorer, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just an update for anyone who is interested: this seems to be a problem with ApeX and root explorer. Why do I say that? Well I just installed Liberty (pretty bad@$$) and installed root explorer and ran a search. Surprise, surprise, it made it through the search!

If I decide to give ApeX another shot I'll be extra careful (ie, wipe cache, wipe data/factory reset and dalvik cache wipe >>> install the nandroid of the clean 2.3.340 OTA I made >>> repeat the aforementioned wipes >>> install ApeX >>> install root explorer before anything else >>> run search).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones