• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Root help

So I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S4 last night using this method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1csPi8CeA

Deleted out a lot of the Samsung and Rogers apps but I still don't have a lot of free space. Out of the 16 gigs it shows I have 7 gigs free. Just have a few basic apps installed like Facebook, etc.

I would like to know what else I can remove to make more room but still keep my phone functional as in I don't want to delete one app only to replace it with another one because it's vital (keyboard app) unless it is gonna make a huge difference in memory.

I used to have a 32 gig iPhone 4 before this. I have a 64 gig Sandisk SD card. How would I install apps on the SD card or move ringtones and pics to the SD card?

About half of the storage on the Galaxy S4 is used up by Touchwiz and its mass amount of features.

If your SD card is a microSD (it's a miniature version of the SD Card people use for cameras), then you can just put that in the microSD card slot in the back of your phone.

When you do that, you can plug your S4 to your computer and move files from the internal memory to the sd card.

Upvote 0
About half of the storage on the Galaxy S4 is used up by Touchwiz and its mass amount of features.

If your SD card is a microSD (it's a miniature version of the SD Card people use for cameras), then you can just put that in the microSD card slot in the back of your phone.

When you do that, you can plug your S4 to your computer and move files from the internal memory to the sd card.

Can I just cut and paste or do I require a special program to do it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones