Root help

1. Gripenfelter

Gripenfelter Member

So I rooted my Samsung Galaxy S4 last night using this method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1csPi8CeA

Deleted out a lot of the Samsung and Rogers apps but I still don't have a lot of free space. Out of the 16 gigs it shows I have 7 gigs free. Just have a few basic apps installed like Facebook, etc.

I would like to know what else I can remove to make more room but still keep my phone functional as in I don't want to delete one app only to replace it with another one because it's vital (keyboard app) unless it is gonna make a huge difference in memory.

I used to have a 32 gig iPhone 4 before this. I have a 64 gig Sandisk SD card. How would I install apps on the SD card or move ringtones and pics to the SD card?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Gripenfelter

Gripenfelter Member

Could you please explain how I'd do that? You're talking to someone that just bought/touched his first Android device 4 days ago. I'm still a tech newbie/virgin.
  3. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

About half of the storage on the Galaxy S4 is used up by Touchwiz and its mass amount of features.

If your SD card is a microSD (it's a miniature version of the SD Card people use for cameras), then you can just put that in the microSD card slot in the back of your phone.

When you do that, you can plug your S4 to your computer and move files from the internal memory to the sd card.
  4. Gripenfelter

Gripenfelter Member

Can I just cut and paste or do I require a special program to do it?
  5. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

You can simply copy and paste. :)
  6. Xxmen

Xxmen Well-Known Member

You can cut and paste.
  7. Gripenfelter

Gripenfelter Member

Thanks guys.