• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Sensation Z710e - Confused - Help :)

Scotty, another question, i was on temp recovery, should a do perm recovery?

if you are going to mod your stock rom,or run custom roms,you likely wont be recieving OTAs anyway,so it is prolly more convenient to permanently install recovery,in case you need it while away from the PC.

if you wanted to run completely stock(but with root) and still recieve OTA updates,then you may want to keep the stock recovery.

i personally never worry about OTAs as the updates they bring will always be released as stock roms,or the changes baked into custom roms. :)

Reactions: magpies78
Upvote 0
Thanks. Just installed CM9 ROM, looks ok but want to try and recover just to make sure the recovery worked. Recovery was fine apart from error on CWM screen failed to restore android_secure, any ideas? should i be concerned?

Cheers Scotty. :)

you may not have had anything stored there to restore. if it booted and is running well,no casue for concern :)

Upvote 0
Hi Scotty,
I know this subject is off topic but I have already posted this question in the application forum but got no response hence my question to you as I know you have many qualities J
As I have lost my game data I am trying to use an application called Game Guardian, hope you’ve used it.
Anyway I cannot get the lock feature to unlock, I have gone through the advertisement banner as per instructions but it’s still not unlocked.
I have tried Game Guardian version 5.5.1 and 5.2 but still have the same issue, I have changed ROMs several times using different versions of ICS and JB but it all seems to make no difference. Other people say it works fine and some not, not sure if I’m making a stupid mistake.
I have also posted on the Game Guardian forums but again no response.
Hope you can help or advise me.
Top man, cheers Scotty.

Upvote 0
sorry,i have not used that app,and do not play any games that only store data within themselves(the few i do play store it online)

best bet is just back up the app with titanium backup. when you restore it,restore app+data and your game data should be there,i wouldnt think there is a need to use a seperate app like game gaurdian.

to make sure it works,backup your games with titanium(my backup pro prolly works too,i use titanium),boot to recovery,make a nandroid. do a full wipe and restart your phone sign in,download titnaium,etc. and restore the games,making sure the data you dont want to lose is still there :) if so you can go back to recovery and restore your backup.

just make sure you always backup the games prior to flashing a new rom,and you should never lose that data again.

titanium has options to run automatic batches,so if you wanted you could even set it up to automatically back up your games daily,weekly,or whatever :)

Upvote 0
Thanks Scotty it was more a question regarding the application itself, thanks for the other advice also, yes I have done backups/restores via titanium, backups/restores via clockwork recovery. All working perfectly.
I think the lesson to learn from my experience is when you get a new phone root it immediately rather than waiting 6 months…. Well they do say you learn something new everyday J
As always my responses seem to lead to questions so here is another one for you Scotty J
I’m currently on CM10 4.1.1 JB, installed some great themes, any ideas on how to install the sense weather and clock ONLY? Is this possible?
Thanks Again

Upvote 0
Thanks Scotty it was more a question regarding the application itself, thanks for the other advice also, yes I have done backups/restores via titanium, backups/restores via clockwork recovery. All working perfectly.
I think the lesson to learn from my experience is when you get a new phone root it immediately rather than waiting 6 months…. Well they do say you learn something new everyday J
As always my responses seem to lead to questions so here is another one for you Scotty J
I’m currently on CM10 4.1.1 JB, installed some great themes, any ideas on how to install the sense weather and clock ONLY? Is this possible?
Thanks Again
unfortunately,flip clock is part of the sense ui,and rosie launcher. there is no way to get it when running AOSP. check out "beautiful widgets" there are some that look like flip clock,just dont flip. an optional weather animations app adds sense-like animations if you want them :)

beautiful widgets

Upvote 0
HD Widgets is also a very nice clock widget.

2012-09-26_17-30-53.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cloudtv.hdwidgets&hl=en

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Fancy Widgets is a great clock widget.

2012-09-13_03-18-51-1.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anddoes.fancywidgets&hl=en

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones