• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Incredible S with HBOOT 2.02

Pez

Aug 21, 2010
I've got an Incredible S and I was just about to try rooting it. I tried following some instructions off the web which used this site Revolutionary

I fell at the first hurdle when it asked me to select my HBOOT version and mine (2. 02. 0002) wasn't on the list.

I recently installed the ota orange ICS update, not sure if this has any bearing on anything. My phone has S-ON, although I've no idea what that means...

I've searched around a bit and can't find anything, so if someone could point me towards a rooting guide for my phone and hboot version I'd be grateful!

Hey Pez,

There is a mighty simple fix for this...
I also had the latest HBOOT as I upgraded as well... But basically all you need to do is follow this guide... Start from the First Step all the way to the last step..

(The steps can be hard to follow, so if any worries, just ask again)

Root and install rom on hboot 2.02.002 s-on - xda-developers

If that was too complicated.. Try this one: (I have not tested out with your version of hboot, but it should be compatible)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1705913

Once you have finished, remember to download BlackRose 2.02.002 as it will upgrade hboot back to 2.02.. This will give more support for flashing custom roms such as Virtuous Quattro.

Hope I helped :)

Also, if you want to get the ics rom back, visit this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1756500

(REMEMBER TO BACK EVERYTHING UP AS IT WILL COMPLETELY WIPE YOUR PHONE DATA)

(I/THE DEVELOPERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING WRONG WITH YOUR PHONE! IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG IT IS YOUR DECISION FOR ATTEMPTING TO ROOT AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY ENTIRELY)

Good Day :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones