• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root,s-off,simunlock,superCID htc merge

Excellent! Its all down hill from here :)
I just ran the s-off commands:

adb push psneuter /data/local/
adb push busybox /data/local/
adb push wpthis /data/local/
adb push gfree /data/local/
adb shell
chmod 0755 /data/local/psneuter
chmod 0755 /data/local/wpthis
chmod 0755 /data/local/gfree
/data/local/psneuter
(to get temp root again)

adb shell

/data/local/wpthis
(to disable emmc write protect)
/data/local/gfree -f (this will supercid, simunlock, and s-off phone)

and this was the output, do I need to do the root and do the steps above again? My bootloader still says s-off and the verizon rom is unrooted for me

Attachments

• s-off.PNG
    s-off.PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 0
I just ran the s-off commands:

adb push psneuter /data/local/
adb push busybox /data/local/
adb push wpthis /data/local/
adb push gfree /data/local/
adb shell
chmod 0755 /data/local/psneuter
chmod 0755 /data/local/wpthis
chmod 0755 /data/local/gfree
/data/local/psneuter
(to get temp root again)

adb shell

/data/local/wpthis
(to disable emmc write protect)
/data/local/gfree -f (this will supercid, simunlock, and s-off phone)

and this was the output, do I need to do the root and do the steps above again? My bootloader still says s-off and the verizon rom is unrooted for me
Make sure your phone is set to charge only and not disk drive mode

Upvote 0
Found the answer, this phone was for verizon, us cellular and many others. To make the phone work with boost, straight talk or vm, just flash the verizon radio from the verizon firmware in Hboot NOT recovery and then insert the sim card of the carrier of your choice and you should be able to get your APN's all set. The reason it's not listed on sites like http://www.willmyphonework.net/ is because this method is not OFFICIALLY supported by the big 3 but it most certainly can be done as long as you are s-off and the key here is the verizon radio which is cdma/gsm compatible.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Found the answer, this phone was for verizon, us cellular and many others. To make the phone work with boost, straight talk or vm, just flash the verizon radio from the verizon firmware in Hboot NOT recovery and then insert the sim card of the carrier of your choice and you should be able to get your APN's all set. The reason it's not listed on sites like http://www.willmyphonework.net/ is because this method is not OFFICIALLY supported by the big 3 but it most certainly can be done as long as you are s-off and the key here is the verizon radio which is cdma/gsm compatible.
My apologies for not getting back to you. I saw your reply in an email and forgot to come back and comment.

Sounds like you're up and running,just holler if you need anything else :)

Reactions: Sands207
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones