• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Root support] open to all.

Haha I know this is my thread but I need some help. Okay so my phone would shutoff every once in a while. Like that wasn't a big deal plus I was overclocked. So I expected it. So for the past like week. Itd shut off even if it wasn't hot. Like what the crap. I'd turn it back on and it'd do it again for about 5 times. Or even 10. It go annoying. So I went back to my nan backup from when I first rooted my phone. It ran fine for about an hour and started again. But the weird thing is when I plug my phone up to the charger it never shuts off. My battery is fine do Idk. My battery stays charged and everything.

Upvote 0
Haha I know this is my thread but I need some help. Okay so my phone would shutoff every once in a while. Like that wasn't a big deal plus I was overclocked. So I expected it. So for the past like week. Itd shut off even if it wasn't hot. Like what the crap. I'd turn it back on and it'd do it again for about 5 times. Or even 10. It go annoying. So I went back to my nan backup from when I first rooted my phone. It ran fine for about an hour and started again. But the weird thing is when I plug my phone up to the charger it never shuts off. My battery is fine do Idk. My battery stays charged and everything.
i had this exact same problem before on a previous phone, i think it was the evo v, but the problem for me was my battery the readings were off the chart, the battery was messed up, it would reboot i would have 90% then reboot again and i would have 3%, i would suggest buying a new battery, that usually fixes the problem. or you could carry around a mobile charger whereever you go :p. you could also try re calibrating the battery.

Upvote 0
I'm curious. What kernel were you using and what did you wipe when you did the
restore?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones