• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] Root without loosing any data?

remixedcat

Nov 24, 2013
Is there a way to root it without loosing any data and an easy way to keep it activated on an MVNO like kroger wireless?

I can't re-activate or I will loose all my minutes if I do anything with the activation. I will loose about 80 bucks worth of airtime/minutes if it resets and I would have to fight with customer service. :(

I've done that with my last phone to recover it and I lost the minutes and customer service was really hard to deal with to get them back.

I also have to keep it in tact for beta tests and there's no way to back up data unless you allready have root to use titanum backup, etc. I have a lot of sms messages, etc and lots of other stuff and everything the way I need it.

all I want is root, no fancy roms, just root so I can get some ad blockers on it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones