Rooted Droid vs. N1 bootup fight. Who wins?

Last Updated:

1. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Ran across this on YouTube. Rooted Droid running AdamZ's smoked ROM vs. rooted N1 running the latest cyanogenmod 5.0.

Looks like the N1 gets to the unlock screen first, but the Droid is done loading all the widgets and ready to use faster.

This should quell all our N1 envy for a while. We don't even know if the Droid is OC'd and it beat out the fastest N1 ROM out there.

YouTube - Rooted - Moto Droid & Nexus One Booting up

Advertisement
  2. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be any envy to begin with. The DROID is a very capable device. Even with the DROID OC'd at 800MHz, I believe it performs better or as well as the N1 clocking at 1GHz. That's with a chip that's supposedly not as strong at integer performance as the Snap. Honestly, if at this time, you're still experiencing envy, toss your phone and get an N1 because nothing is going to quell it.

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

That video does prove very much at all. Who knows what the DROID and and N1 have loading on boot up. What if the DROID has almost no apps installed, and the N1 has 150 apps? ...or vice-versa?

Now that's I'm running at 1.1 GHz, my desire to move to a "faster" Android device is fairly non-existent, ... for the time being. ;)

4. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Well-Known Member

Man I wish I could run at 1.1Ghz... At 1.1 I get spontaneous reboots. So I had to downclock to 1Ghz. Oh well...

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

The N1 and Droid are really 2 different categories of Android....to me anyway. One has a keyboard and the other doesn't, that factor has always been a separation between phones when I choose a new one. If it makes no difference to you then I guess it doesn't matter but to me not having a keyboard is a huge deal when buying a new phone.

6. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

Sure, it's not exactly scientific, but who cares? It's a nice slap in the face to the n1. I would like to know where that droid is clocked, running at 800 mhz and the stock bootscreen seems faster than that video...

7. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

From what I see that N1 has more widgets going on one of the screens then the Droid.

8. mazz0310

mazz0310 Well-Known Member

I'm going to assume it's overclocked if it has the SetCPU widget on the desktop.

9. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

;) Ya think? :D