• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted Droid vs. N1 bootup fight. Who wins?

Fabolous

Superuser
Nov 7, 2009
Illinois
fabdroid.com
Ran across this on YouTube. Rooted Droid running AdamZ's smoked ROM vs. rooted N1 running the latest cyanogenmod 5.0.

Looks like the N1 gets to the unlock screen first, but the Droid is done loading all the widgets and ready to use faster.

This should quell all our N1 envy for a while. We don't even know if the Droid is OC'd and it beat out the fastest N1 ROM out there.

YouTube - Rooted - Moto Droid & Nexus One Booting up

There shouldn't be any envy to begin with. The DROID is a very capable device. Even with the DROID OC'd at 800MHz, I believe it performs better or as well as the N1 clocking at 1GHz. That's with a chip that's supposedly not as strong at integer performance as the Snap. Honestly, if at this time, you're still experiencing envy, toss your phone and get an N1 because nothing is going to quell it.

Upvote 0
That video does prove very much at all. Who knows what the DROID and and N1 have loading on boot up. What if the DROID has almost no apps installed, and the N1 has 150 apps? ...or vice-versa?

Now that's I'm running at 1.1 GHz, my desire to move to a "faster" Android device is fairly non-existent, ... for the time being. ;)

Man I wish I could run at 1.1Ghz... At 1.1 I get spontaneous reboots. So I had to downclock to 1Ghz. Oh well...

Upvote 0
The N1 and Droid are really 2 different categories of Android....to me anyway. One has a keyboard and the other doesn't, that factor has always been a separation between phones when I choose a new one. If it makes no difference to you then I guess it doesn't matter but to me not having a keyboard is a huge deal when buying a new phone.

Upvote 0
That video does prove very much at all. Who knows what the DROID and and N1 have loading on boot up. What if the DROID has almost no apps installed, and the N1 has 150 apps? ...or vice-versa?

Now that's I'm running at 1.1 GHz, my desire to move to a "faster" Android device is fairly non-existent, ... for the time being. ;)

Sure, it's not exactly scientific, but who cares? It's a nice slap in the face to the n1. I would like to know where that droid is clocked, running at 800 mhz and the stock bootscreen seems faster than that video...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones