Rooted Eris Can't get Wifi Tether

Last Updated:

1. whitlecj

whitlecj Active Member This Topic's Starter

My wife just got an Eris and I rooted but did not install a custom rom. I have downloaded several of the android wifi tether versions (the free one) and several of the versions say that I don't have root and will not let me tether the phone. I can type su in terminal and get the # line so I think I have root. I also tried barnacle and it will let me connect to the network but will not go online. I am very new to to all of this but we are going on a long trip and want to use her phone to tether an ipad. I have an incredible and can't do it with mine yet. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. DanMarg

DanMarg Member

I did exactly what you described, rooted without installing a custom rom, and loaded aNetshare with no problem. Did you try aNetshare?

Afterwards I installed the sense-able rom because I had to do a hard reset to get rid of a couple of OTA bugs anyway, and aNetshare reinstalled fine. I prefer it to the built in Wired Tether.

3. whitlecj

I can't figure out how to get anetshare installed. I put it on the sd card and can't get it installed with an installer. Any ideas?

4. DanMarg

DanMarg Member

I think I just launched the apk with astro.

5. whitlecj

I downloaded the zip file and it is just a folder that is named with a apk extension. Do you have a link to the version you used? I tried launching with astro and no luck. Thanks for your help.

6. whitlecj

Got it. Found the correct apk file and it worked like a charm. Thanks for you help.