• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted Eris Can't get Wifi Tether

whitlecj

May 7, 2010
My wife just got an Eris and I rooted but did not install a custom rom. I have downloaded several of the android wifi tether versions (the free one) and several of the versions say that I don't have root and will not let me tether the phone. I can type su in terminal and get the # line so I think I have root. I also tried barnacle and it will let me connect to the network but will not go online. I am very new to to all of this but we are going on a long trip and want to use her phone to tether an ipad. I have an incredible and can't do it with mine yet. Any suggestions?

I did exactly what you described, rooted without installing a custom rom, and loaded aNetshare with no problem. Did you try aNetshare?

Afterwards I installed the sense-able rom because I had to do a hard reset to get rid of a couple of OTA bugs anyway, and aNetshare reinstalled fine. I prefer it to the built in Wired Tether.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones