• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooted x10 with 2.2 and flash hd recording ?

zen200

Lurker
Jun 17, 2010
I have been waiting and reading for months with regard to getting a new phone. I currently have an old Nokia N96 so any modern phone will be an upgrade, however I need to mae sure that the new phone has at least the same quality camer and video recorder as my N96. I had almost set my self on the Iphone 4 but luckily I waited an what a good choice that was with all the problems the iphone 4 is having. So yet again I started looking and have always liked the x10 because of its build and camera but hated it because of it having old 1.6 android and no hd recording or flash. Then suddenly I read the somone has managed to root the x10 and so im guessing that it wont be long until 2.2 with flash and hd recording and multitouch is released ?

Can anyone here enlighten me if I am correct in thinking that once a phone is rooted you can do anything u like with it if u have the nowhow.?

If i can get 2.2 android with flash and hd video then the x10 is the perfect phone for me unless u guys and gals can think of any other better upcoming phones.

Thanks for any guidance of input in advance

Zen

Unfortunately, multi touch won't be coming to the phone as the hardware doesn't support it :(.

Also, from what I've read, even though I would assume the same, you can now install 2.1/2.2 onto the X10, from what I've recently read, it would appear not. Not until a boot loader (i think thats what it was), works or the X10 is able to load a boot loader, can we get a higher Android OS than 1.6. BUT, it is being worked on, naturally :p.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones