• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooting Lenovo K 3 Note K50a40

Hi All
I am Arun from India, I am a scientist working on abiotic stress in plants and my hobbies are amateur astronomy. astrophography, DXing and Android
I just got a Lenovo K 3 Note 50a40 and rooted it with CWM recovery
I tried flashing with CWM recovery and was unable to do that, fastboot worked and also flashed the recovery.img file, but when I tried to install SU by pressing up+down and power button it took me to the default Lenovo recovery. I kept trying and then succeeded, as there is no known method for this phone, but I followed the instructions in this link -
check this link for rooting, it worked
http://techolaty.net/how-to-root-len...e-install-cwm/
the key is to do this - Press and hold the Volume Down Button + Volume Up Button + Power Button.
When you see the Boot Screen, Release the Power Button but keep the Volume Buttons pressed until you see the Recovery Screen.
I got Chinese menu in the CWM, I could read the word ZIP in one of the options and from there I installed the UPDATE SU and rebooted with the top menu option, I googled Reboot for Chinese and compared the script with the menu and rebooted. I have not installed custom ROM, I just removed bloat ware and installed google launcher, the lenovo launched has not app drawer.
Here are the links
and check my unboxing video I uploaded in youtube

Hi All
I am Arun from India, I am a scientist working on abiotic stress in plants and my hobbies are amateur astronomy. astrophography, DXing and Android
I just got a Lenovo K 3 Note 50a40 and rooted it with CWM recovery
I tried flashing with CWM recovery and was unable to do that, fastboot worked and also flashed the recovery.img file, but when I tried to install SU by pressing up+down and power button it took me to the default Lenovo recovery. I kept trying and then succeeded, as there is no known method for this phone, but I followed the instructions in this link -
check this link for rooting, it worked
http://techolaty.net/how-to-root-len...e-install-cwm/
the key is to do this - Press and hold the Volume Down Button + Volume Up Button + Power Button.
When you see the Boot Screen, Release the Power Button but keep the Volume Buttons pressed until you see the Recovery Screen.
I got Chinese menu in the CWM, I could read the word ZIP in one of the options and from there I installed the UPDATE SU and rebooted with the top menu option, I googled Reboot for Chinese and compared the script with the menu and rebooted. I have not installed custom ROM, I just removed bloat ware and installed google launcher, the lenovo launched has not app drawer.
Here are the links
and check my unboxing video I uploaded in youtube
Hey Arun!

RootJunky, an Android YouTuber, made a video on how to root the K3 note!

I hope this can help you, if you need any help just ask for help ;)

PS: Please note your device *can* have a different model number, and that I don't have the note myself, so be careful with installing the right files for your model!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones