• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooting magic - have question..

raiden

Lurker
Jan 24, 2010
Hi I am wanting to root my HTC Magic 32a running 1.5 cupcake just wondering if there's a comprehensive, step by step guide on the net for rooting this particular version of my phone? There seems to be different methods applicable to different models, carriers and motherboards and I don't want to do it the wrong way and brick my phone. Also I've heard a lot about CyanogenMod why is this and is it the most popular root Rom for Android? According to it's website it only works with 32b motherboard thus wont work with 32A? Are the other/better ROMS than CyanogenMod? What is Sense UI and does it work with root? Basically I want to speed up my phone, wireless tethering and multi touch please with a nice fun simple UI.:)

Thanks and hope to get some good quality responses.

p.s. sorry if these questions have been already answered it's just there's so much clutter on the net it's hard to find exactly what you want

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones