• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Samsung Galaxy 8.9?

I think I wont be rooting anymore I was browsing the internet and the device just turned it self off it wouldnt go past the boot screen/loader luckily(with huge luck) ive managed to install the orginal firmware, at first it was saying the md5 was invaild. Think i,m to scared to re-root since i,m also under a cononly tract and the tablet is my main device(that lets me on the internet)

The main reason I needed to root is to Record the screen since there isnt any apps that dont need root to record the screen.

Upvote 0
There is little chance of hard bricking the device which means you can't even boot into download/recovery mode. If you soft brick, you can always download the right ROM from sammobile.com and install it with Odin. That restores it to original condition. It's always best to have a nandroid backup and the ROM from sammobile.com before you begin.

Reactions: nuismer
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones