Rooting the 1.5 cupcake version of the G1

1. denisvit

denisvit New Member

I have not yet rooted my phone and was planning to do it this week. But I stupidly updated my phones firmware to cupcake 1.5.

I am a UK owner of the G1 phone. What should I do to root. Should I somehow downgrade my firmware.

Is it easy to root?

I also watched a video from CoolPstuts on youtube (YouTube - How To Mod / Jailbreak G1 (to get root access) pt. 1) and his explanaton for rooting was good. Could someone tell me if that is all I have to do even if I have 1.5?

What are the pros and cons of rooting?

Thanks in advance, I am a real noob. ALL HELP APPRECIATED! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Click the links for Rooting and UnRooting in my signature (below)... to see if it is for you
  3. The Spirit

The Spirit New Member

hi.
    i tried this on my german g1 with FW 1.5

but after putting the dreaimg.nbh on the sd card and starting with camera button presse, i get an "not allowe" info and can only restart.
    any ideas how to go on?
    thx
  4. eagle

eagle Member

You would have to go back to RC7 (UK) for a rootable version.
    For flashing the G1 outside of the designated upgrade path, you would have to create a goldcard sd (once) and apply hardspl later. After rooting, you can update to 1.5 again. There are plenty of links available everywhere.
  5. The Spirit

The Spirit New Member

i managed to root my g1 with FW 1.5 on it yesterday with the goldcard option.
    just works like a charm (after spending 4 hrs on monday and 3 hrs yesterday evening on it ;-)
  6. alexdroid

alexdroid New Member

ok , now i can spend 8 hours of today XD

give me some faqs

what is the goldcard optionn :/
    help me! thx

alexyamil from Puertorricoo!! =)

android proud user