• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
If your port is damaged and you can't use a PC to root the phone, then you might be out of luck. You _could_ try the gingerbreak .apk's in my collection, but I haven't heard any feedback on them. z4root doesn't work on 2.2.2, only 2.2.1 and below.

If I read wrong and you can connect your phone to a PC, then this link will get you rooted:

Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

good luck

Upvote 0
Hey bberryhill0, yeah from the nap forums, eh? I'm going to try and limp along with my A855 until the Motoroogle phone with an unlockable bootloader comes along (my hopes), because I'm batwings but will not own one of these phones that cannot have a fully custom recovery installed on it. And before someone thinks that this bootstrap thing is, just don't go there with me, I know much better than that.

OPTICALDELUSION: Clearly you have no idea what an eFuse is.

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones