• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rumor: Cupcake 1.5 to be the last version for Galaxy?

Well allow me to post another rumour which seems to suggest we may get both a 1.6 update soon, and 2.0 in 2010...

Google Vertaling

Apparently the last bit of sumsung's reply should translate as "When this will be is still unknown"
I'm Dutch, and the google translation is not very well. The correct translation of the e-mail is:

"Dear Sir,

the update to Android 1.6 will be skipped.
In 2010 an update to Android 2.0 will be made available.

When this will be is not yet known."

So, no 1.6, but 2.0 - if this rumor is correct.

Upvote 0
This news has pushed me over the edge with this phone. While I have enjoyed this phone and playing with it I think I am going to go out and but one of the new Motorola Droids since I am sure Motorola will take care of their customers better than Samsung has with the Galaxy. I really wish it was the opposite and the Galaxy was all that I would need but with the constant reboots, dropped calls, poor battery life, and myriad of other problems which should've been worked out of the phone a LONG time ago. I would like to say thanks to kam187 and rastaman and everyone else for trying to make this phone what it should've been but this news about no 1.6 or 2.0 has been the last straw for me. Good luck everyone see you on the Droid forum.

Upvote 0
I don't know why everyone is in panic.
If you expect a new firmware every 2 months then obviously you are not happy, but which brand updates their firmware every 2 months?
I read here that even Motorola became better than Samsung... please... Motorola! They have a HISTORY for bad devices, they just delivered the Droid with a speaker and camera problem. All they have is 2.0 exclusivity until the end of the year, and early next year everyone else will update, one way or the other. Their hardware built is nowhere near Samsung, their last successful phone was the Startac.
So it's just a matter of waiting till the end of the year and one way or another we will get an update.

Upvote 0
I don't know why everyone is in panic.
If you expect a new firmware every 2 months then obviously you are not happy, but which brand updates their firmware every 2 months?
I read here that even Motorola became better than Samsung... please... Motorola! They have a HISTORY for bad devices, they just delivered the Droid with a speaker and camera problem. All they have is 2.0 exclusivity until the end of the year, and early next year everyone else will update, one way or the other. Their hardware built is nowhere near Samsung, their last successful phone was the Startac.
So it's just a matter of waiting till the end of the year and one way or another we will get an update.
quoted for the truth

Upvote 0
thing is, from what little we've heard, we'll be half way in to the year before getting eclair on the galaxy

also it's gonna be "the other" way for us, since normal updating isn't possible because of samsung's incompetence

I don't think it will be half way into the year. T-mobile is already saying that the Behold 2 will be updated at the end of this year/ January... but hey, it's all speculation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones