• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rumor: T-Mobile G2x, G-Slate to Launch April 20th

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
A juicy rumor originating from TmoNews has come out suggesting both the T-Mobile G2x and the T-Mobile G-Slate tablet by LG will be out on April 20th. The announcement is expected to be made at CTIA in Orlando this upcoming Monday. The T-Mobile G2x is T-Mobile’s version of the LG Optimus 2X and although the [...]

More...

They need to rename this phone because it is misleading. This is not a relative of the T-mobile (HTC) G2, which this article seems to imply at first glance. The original name - LG Optimus 2X is more descriptive.

While my initial excitement about the 2X was through the roof, I find that the T-mobile G2 is such a great phone (inherent build quality and performance - rooted and overclocked) that I wouldn't think of switching at this point. Don't get me wrong, the 2X is understandably dual core and rocks a nice display, I just don't feel it is a "must-have" for me any more. I am however keeping my eye out for the quad-core phones said to be dropping in Q4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones