• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rumors & Pre-release news anyone?

I posted this in another thread, but I may as well post it here...

http://www.inquisitr.com/3693337/sa...y-also-getting-galaxy-s8s-confirmed-features/

So we're projecting a 4K, dual-edge, 6.2" screen with NO home button (AWESOME for VR), an in-screen fingerprint sensor and controls. I can't see a solid screen phone, because that would move the earpiece to the top and eliminate the selfie camera and top sensors (unless they can somehow magically find a way to layer a functional touchscreen over those). I'm also reading the elimination of the headphone jack (no loss, I use BT). Release date April or May.

I'm stoked! :D

Reactions: major2112
Upvote 0
I still have conflicting reports but as far as I've been able to figure out, the 5.5" Galaxy S8 will be revealed in April alongside a larger 6.2" S8 Plus. These phones will be 90% screen on the front, with fingerprint sensor embedded under the screen. I don't believe that the S8 Plus is the replacement for the Note, because there are three different models for next year. That leaves the Note 8 for August. No screen size has been outed for the Note 8 yet, but all three are expected to have 4K UHD screens. AWESOME for VR use!

LG has been tapped to provide the batteries for next year's Galaxy devices.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It's on again, off again... on again, off again. Now it's on again!

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/samsun...august-why-early-launches-may-continue-575716

So yeah, Samsung's doing a fantastic job of keeping the blogosphere totally confused. Will there be a Note 8? Will it be the S8 Plus? Will it come in April or August? My bet is that IF the Note 8 is real and is slated for a release, it will come in the second half of August.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones