• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Running CM10

this phone is still very new guys. I remember a lot of activity in all my previous phones, but none of it was completely positive. There will always be problems with roms even in the final days of development, but thats the point of the modding community. If you don't like it go get a gnex, but you chose this phone and so get used to waiting.

This forum will be better off when people stop complaining and start constructively criticizing. How many of you actually use NFC day to day? If you even say once a day you are going out of your way to use it.

Upvote 0
This forum will be better off when people stop complaining and start constructively criticizing.
honestly i think people need to learn to better recognize voicing an opinion/concern instead of labeling it as complaining...

How many of you actually use NFC day to day? If you even say once a day you are going out of your way to use it.

ive never used it myself...but know a few people that use it multiple times daily, and what they use it for is not what i would consider "going out of their way"

- NFC tag in the car to automatically turn on Bluetooth and launch Navigation/Pandora/Music/etc...

- NFC tag on the work desk to automatically launch silent mode/airplane mode/whatever

- NFC tag on the nightstand to activate silent mode/set alarm/turn off data/whatever

NFC can be really useful, and i know a few people that have become accustomed enough to using it that loosing it would be an issue

Upvote 0
I've found the cause of my phone issue. It only took/caused 4 or 5 reformats before I got it to where my phone was working properly.

If you go into the phone settings and change the voicemail to put in the password when dialing (2221113333,123456, for example), it causes the phone to stop recognizing further in-call inputs, both in voicemail, and in any other calls where there's a phone menu to navigate.

No deleting voicemail, no pressing 1 to select English, etc.

There are 2 things I envy the iPhone on. Backing the phone up, and voicemail on the phone itself. Is there a comparable way to back this thing up? I've tried doing restores from Titanium long long ago, but it didn't link the apps to the market. I'd like it to save Apex settings, and all the other stuff I spent so long making just right. I really do not look forward to having to spend a couple hours downloading and configuring everything if I decide in the future to see if it's fixed. The only way to return functionality is a factory reset.

Reactions: nateap87
Upvote 0
Thanks, I flashed the nightly and gapps -- it's booting now... it'll be nice to have CM back.

oddly enough, i never have to reflash the gapps unlike google wallet which i have to reflash everytime I flash a new nightly. I think the gapps may actually be integrated into the rom now.

ALSO! has anyone been able to get the native emojis to work properly? i've tried to download the dictionary but it never seems to work. also have it enabled within the messaging app's menu.

I need to add that these nightlies have been working great. rarely a force close and everything is smooth. only complaint is battery is a bit worse than stock but it still easily gets me through the day.

Upvote 0
Does CWM work in conjunction with TWRP recovery or no? I'm trying to get familiarized to this system as I came from another forum on here for a different device that was discouraged from using CWM because they said it was "buggy". It was recommended to use Amon Ra recovery (if any of you are familiar) in lieu of it.

I am rooted and have TWRP 2.2 (I think it is) and am just running the stock ROM for now...but want to start flashing new ROM's in the near future..:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones