Ryan's OCLF -- What Am I Doing Wrong?

Last Updated:

1. hollywoodroid

hollywoodroid Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded the app. I ran the Root Device Recovery from the app. It then told me to reboot in recovery console and select 'apply sdcard: update.zip'. I can not get into the recovery console (Don't know how??) and now when I reboot the phone seems to be going slower.

What do I do now? There is no option to un-root the device available - but the phone does seem to be going slower so I know I did something wrong.. PLEASE HELP!!

Advertisement
    Thatboy likes this.
  2. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

I think what you need to do is hold the power button and both of the volume buttons in when you turn on the phone, then once you see the AT&T white screen, let the power button go but keep holding onto the volume buttons, until you see the boot menu.

hollywoodroid likes this.
  3. hollywoodroid

Okay... thank you for that... here we go... fingers crossed. have the oneclick lag fix running now...

4. hollywoodroid

looks like it worked! anyone recommend a good speed test app so I can see how fast my phone is now? should this improve battery life as well?

5. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

Speed tests are not accurate and it is an endless debate. What matters is real world use. Does it feel faster to you? Is it running smoother? Then it is working and don't bother with speed tests.

6. Jirv311

Jirv311 Active Member

If you must run a speed test, use LinPack for Android. Quadrant should not be used for our phones.

7. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Well, these ugly "lag fixes" aren't really recommended either. The method used in Ryan's OCLF is particularly dirty and dangerous.

The only thing OCLF is good for is rooting. The rest of its functionality should be avoided.

8. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Search for Quadrant on the market.