• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ryan's OCLF -- What Am I Doing Wrong?

I downloaded the app. I ran the Root Device Recovery from the app. It then told me to reboot in recovery console and select 'apply sdcard: update.zip'. I can not get into the recovery console (Don't know how??) and now when I reboot the phone seems to be going slower.

What do I do now? There is no option to un-root the device available - but the phone does seem to be going slower so I know I did something wrong.. PLEASE HELP!!

Reactions: Thatboy
looks like it worked! anyone recommend a good speed test app so I can see how fast my phone is now? should this improve battery life as well?

Speed tests are not accurate and it is an endless debate. What matters is real world use. Does it feel faster to you? Is it running smoother? Then it is working and don't bother with speed tests.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones