• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S-view style case with better protection?

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
Jan 22, 2011
UK
My new Galaxy Note 3 is in the post to replace my original Note so I'm looking for a case. I love the idea of the S-View case but when you take the back off and replace it with the S-view case there is no drop protection from the look of it.

Is there a case with S-View functionality which protects the corners of the phone from knocks? I have seen the Spigen Slim Armor case but it looks as though it make the phone very bulky.

I have had a look through the threads on here to do with cases for the Note 3 but can't see any that would fit the bill. Grateful for any help.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that Samsung pushed an update through making it impossible for 3rd party vendors to create other S-View cases.
Also don't quote me on this but I believe there was a small update allowing 3rd party makers with 'view windows' to work again, after taking alot of flack in the 1st place.
To the OP, I'm not sure you will find a case the size as the S-View that will totally protect your Note 3, I have mine in the S-View case but it's also in a Neoprene shock sock case found here......

Shocksock Neoprene Pouch Case For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Blue | eBay

They come in different colours, I know this is not everyone's cup of tea but I have dropped my Note 3 quite a few times as has my wife with her Note 2 and both are still unscathed ;)

Reactions: Pinmac1
Upvote 0
Also don't quote me on this but I believe there was a small update allowing 3rd party makers with 'view windows' to work again, after taking alot of flack in the 1st place.

Ahhh yes I did some searching and it seems that if your device is up-to-date with KitKat then the fix should be live on your device. (Source)

Here is a list of them on Amazon, I don't know if any of them are heavy duty though.

Off-Brand S-View Covers Note 3

Reactions: Pinmac1
Upvote 0
I have a Spigen Slim Armor View. Same as slim armor, but has a hinged hard view front. Worked perfect till KK. just tried, and I'm on the latest update from VZW. But it doesn't work right. Functional, but makes the phone jump and stutter.

Hmm, there should of been an update to fix this issue, should of been pushed out to all devices already :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones