• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S21 not yet received android 12 update

Hi all.

I live in Belgium and bought an S21 5g (international version) from the US back in June. I was receiving security patches as and when they were released. Now (Dec 15th) I am still on the patch for October and still haven't received the android 12 and one UI 4 update. Is anyone else in this boat, had anyone found any literature on when we might expect the update or if there might be an issue. Current Software version is G9910ZHS2AUIN.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all.

I live in Belgium and bought an S21 5g (international version) from the US back in June. I was receiving security patches as and when they were released. Now (Dec 15th) I am still on the patch for October and still haven't received the android 12 and one UI 4 update. Is anyone else in this boat, had anyone found any literature on when we might expect the update or if there might be an issue. Current Software version is G9910ZHS2AUIN.

You do not have the international Exynos model, G991B.

Yours is the G9910 Snapdragon regional model for China, Hong Kong and Taiwan which are still on Android 11. See...

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s21/firmware/#SM-G9910

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi all.

That's actually the Hong Kong(SAR), Qualcomm Snapdragon variant of the S21 you've got there. although it will work internationally no problems. I believe Samsung haven't rolled out Android 12 for the China S21 Snapdragon variants yet, including HK and Macao. And if you bought it in the US and not HK, then it was a grey import there.

Also FYI Samsung Belgium many not be able to deal with warranty claims for any issues on Snapdragon devices that were intended to be sold in China, etc. The EU countries get the S21 Exynos variants.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones