• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S3 = bad battery or good?

bg1287

Jun 6, 2014
Royal Oak, MI
I'm contemplating getting the S3 and was just curious what people's experiences were with the battery life? I currently have a galaxy express which is pretty close design and specs wise to the S3, and I have no complaints with the battery. hopefully the S3 will fare the same.

I'm not really a gamer or heavy downloader. Mostly just use my phone for web browsing, facebook, social media, youtube, etc. I did however have the S2 awhile back and it was horrible with battery life in my experience. And took forever to charge. I could come back in about 2 hours and it would have literally charged like 5%.

Hopefully I will not run into the same issues with the S3.

I get 12 to 13 hours of light to moderate use. Maybe a light game or two here and there, but not my intensive games. I can probably play an intensive game for 6 hours in a row. When I have my phone in my hand all day and use it way too much, I might get 8 hours. Takes 2.5 - 3 hours for a full charge.
This is connected to WiFi all day. I get longer battery life using WiFi in my area because signal is weak to non-existent.
When I go on longer trips and use my Sony SmartWatch (bluetooth) along with GPS navigation on my phone for 2.5 hours total, no wifi but decent to great signal, and heavy usage like music on the trip and web browsing/texting and about 30 minutes of gaming to pass the time, I might get 7-8 hours. I usually leave my phone on the car charger because the Bluetooth really drains it.. as does active use of GPS and Waze.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones