S3 constantly restarting..Support

1. JayS3

JayS3 Well-Known Member

Hi people, Got an issue with my beloved S3 :mad: Basically the last few days my phones been randomly restarting and freezing, then a day ago I did an update, I dont know which one i just know it was the latest one for UK. It was fine since, but then today at work i saw it had frozen, I removed the battery and restarted the phone and it wouldnt get past the samsung logo, It would just reboot itself and go through the same process over and over.. No root just standard stock jelly bean.. Wiped the user data in recovery mode but that didnt fix it.. Any ideas?? :confused::(

Advertisement
    :
  2. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Take it to your carrier.
  3. JayS3

JayS3 Well-Known Member

I bought it outside of my contract, As a handset only..
  4. Jesslynne

Jesslynne Active Member

I'm having a simulate problem. It randomly restarts itself, though not constantly.
  5. JayS3

JayS3 Well-Known Member

Thats how mine started, a few random restarts and freezes here and there :(
  6. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Delete all your apps, bring em back one by one.
  7. bbolton_98

bbolton_98 Member

There are several things that can help or be causing your trouble. First just to check is what carrier, what version s3, which version os. Then is it rooted or bootloader unlocked. I will be glad to point you in a direction but without the right info it would cause more trouble than help.
    If you bought it outright then , if you have had insurance on it for 3 months, I think it is still covered with $100.00 deductible. With Asurion via Verizon.
    So dont give up on it yet.

Good luck. :)
  8. bbolton_98

bbolton_98 Member

Also if rooted w/unlocked boot loader and custom rom and kernel check voltages and make sure they are no less than 900 on lower speeds , upto 1050 which is stock.
  9. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

Mine restarted 4 times on Friday, just saw it on my desk rebooting with the Samsung logo. (Not the first time I'd noticed it restarting either but was getting more frequent)

Factory reset it on Friday, not done it since.

It's usually a good idea to reset it after a big update (I'd messed about with foreign builds on mine too so definitely warranted it)

Stock firmware, not rooted.
  10. JayS3

JayS3 Well-Known Member

I flashed the latest stock unbranded uk os via odin but it didnt change anything.. Any ideas on what i could do? do any UK owners know how samsungs warranty works? hope i can go to a store and give it in for repairs..
  11. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Did u do it without rooting mate?
    If so, flash what should be on it then, when you shut phone down then hold power, home and volume down, do u get a yellow triangle with a ! in it?
    If so, your warranty is void but theres an app with "triangle" in the name thats meant to get rid of it i think then your warranty should be ok i think.....
  12. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Just noticed youre in UK so you are on the firmware you should be on.
    Just gotta get rid of that triangle and flash count.
    Did u get it from CWH?
  13. JayS3

JayS3 Well-Known Member

When I do that it brings me to download mode, And no, It has never been rooted.. Only stock since day one. Starting to think it may be hardware related? :confused:
  14. JayS3

JayS3 Well-Known Member

Nope I bought it off ebay, Way back in june.
  15. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

Have you factory reset it? As I said previously I've messed about with Odin flashing firmwares. If you've not factory reset then try it, no need to panic yet thinking the phone is going to die on you.

Must add my battery life has been a hell of a lot better since doing it too, lost 20% in 12 hours yesterday and that's with using it a fair bit at work.

Pretty certain flashing official ROM's via Odin doesn't increase the counter either, so don't be too concerned with that.
  16. JayS3

JayS3 Well-Known Member

There was no counter, Just the standard samsung download mode thingy. I sent them an email and they posted me a package for me to send them my phone, Fingers crossed all goes well.
  17. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

Dude, have you tried factory resetting it??

Moot now but I doubt it needs sending off unless you have.
  18. JayS3

JayS3 Well-Known Member

Wiping it from recovery more?! Tried that, Didnt work..
  19. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

Well that's unfortunate then. Good luck with getting it sorted.
  20. JayS3

JayS3 Well-Known Member

Cheers, Its at the samsung repair centre right now, Fingers crossed all goes well!