• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S3 corrupted data, won't turn on

Hicks73

Lurker
Oct 7, 2015
So, about a year into having my phone I rooted it, then decided to unroot it and sometimes it would randomly say "Device Memory Damaged." I'd take the battery out, then it'd work. But then randomly it shut off while I was using Snapchat and powered back on and said it. I tried everything to restart it and my phone will not enter recovery. It shows the android for a moment then tries to turn on. If I hit the restart button it does nothing at all. The power port is also damaged so a cable doesn't to plud in and try to clear on the computer. Any advice?

Hello!
Welcome to AF!
Well, you cannot turn the device on at all now?
Not being able to access recovery, not good. Rules out the option (if available) to apply update, or other reset option via sd card.
Power port damaged, not good. Rules out flashing stock firmware via ODIN.

Phone just may be boned. :(

Last resort, get a new battery to see if it stays powered on (depending on the age of current battery)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones