S4 screenshot not working??Support

Last Updated: 2015-04-01 17:06:17
  1. bs872

bs872 Active Member

I'm a week into this phone and screenshots originally worked. I tried one today and it's a no go. I'm using the power/home buttons.

Might something have accidentally disabled? This is very frustrating. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

There are 3 methods of capturing a screenshot, depending on your model of Galaxy S4 and firmware.

This link describes 2 methods, with video...

Samsung Galaxy S4: How to take a screenshot

You can also try...

POWER + VOLUME DOWN buttons together
  3. bs872

bs872 Active Member

I saw that before posting. It's just stopped working and those hand motions are essentially a gimmick, in my opinion.
  4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Have you tried rebooting your phone and seeing if it works after that?
  5. bs872

bs872 Active Member

I just pulled the battery for a few minutes. Nothing.

How does it just stop working? Odd...
  6. bs872

bs872 Active Member

Pressing both buttons brings me to a page that shows which apps are running.
  7. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

That's what my phone does when I just hit the home button. I wonder if your power button is getting weak or if your case is interfering with hitting the power button?

BTW, I agree with you on the gimmicky comment above.
  8. Fish44

Fish44 New Member

I got mine working after much trial. Key is to hold both for at least 1 second.

Cheers.
  9. salgal1313

salgal1313 Member

I have been having the same screenshot issues with my S4Active ever since getting it. It works like a charm about once out of every fifty times. The other 49, I can palm swipe, power+home, and dance circles around it and it won't do a thing. I have motions active, I am touching my palm (heck, just tried to recalibrate and it would not even do the test-screenshot when I did that). I have, quite literally, spent 30 minutes on a stairclimber trying to do a screenshot the entire time.

I have tried to restart the phone and re-attempt the screenshot. Same thing applies.

Any other suggestions? Is there something else that can be calibrated?
    Thanks in advance.
  10. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

Don't know why power/home didn't work. It does tend to be a little sensitive to technique/timing.

If you are rooted, think about installing xposed framework. Then install the xblast module and you can either
    1-create status bar gesture to initiate screen shot.
    2-enable advanced power button menu including screenshot

The first is still a little sensitive to timing.

The second takes a little longer but works every time

There are a lot of other useful things on xposed, including xblast and wanam and xuimod. Check out the developer of any module carefully because xposed may open some security doors
    salgal1313 likes this.
  11. salgal1313

salgal1313 Member

I am not rooted, so out of luck there. Maybe one day I will get smart and root my phone :)

I have tried to do the home+power button with the case on or off, and the situation is the same. It is strange the way that it refuses to screenshot. I had the S2 previous to this, so I know how to do it...it just is not working. One day...one day...
  12. ironass

Have you also tried...

POWER + VOLUME DOWN
  13. salgal1313

salgal1313 Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but that does not work. It just sends the volume down.
  14. MYKEL61

MYKEL61 Well-Known Member

Its tricky.. It took me a few attempts but power and vol down will take a screen shot.
    salgal1313 likes this.
  15. ironass

It's all about t-t-t-timing with the multi button screenshot methods. One also needs to be delicate and treat the process like a woman and not like a bull in a china shop. Which is the mistake I made to begin with. :)
  16. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

I've never really had a need for screen shots, what are you guys sending out?
  17. MYKEL61

I have taken them of all my screens in case I need to reset. I have saved the pics in Dropbox just for future reference of how my apps are laid out. I am OCD about my layout and this will let me be a "happy camper" if something happens...LOL
    Funderbolt likes this.
  18. Mr_H

Mr_H New Member

To all of you horrible people that keep saying to hold home / power... its been said numerous times, and its not helpful.
    To people like me who actually had this problem, I fixed it by turning off my phone... i had to remove the battery to do so, the power button wouldnt even turn it off.
  19. MYKEL61

If what people suggest, doesn't work for you, that doesn't mean they are "horrible people". Your comment really didn't add anything to the thread.