• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S5 quite slow

steveohim

Jun 26, 2012
I've just come over from an iPhone 5s to a galaxy s5 and the Samsung doesn't seem as responsive, I find myself pressing twice or just waiting for stuff to open, the gallery app for example takes about 10 seconds to open, and apps constantly stopped running etc, trouble is I don't remember my old s3 being that bad, I loved that phone. Is there something I should be doing with my s5?

You need to give us the Carrier you are with, and the software version.
There is a lot of differences in the mix. Not all S5s perform equally well, especially if you were unfortunate enough to have gotten Lollipop from Verizon.

I'm still on 4.4.4 and my S5 performs fairly snappily. Not "instant", not even my desktop geewhiz computer is "instant"... it takes a bit of time to load stuff.

Once loaded though, you should be able to use Recent Tasks to return to where you were in an app "instantly".

Gallery is slower than other stuff, yup.
MacroDroid can help extend battery life
MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
MacroDroid senses Screen on, turns WiFi & Data ON

Upvote 0
I've just come over from an iPhone 5s to a galaxy s5 and the Samsung doesn't seem as responsive, I find myself pressing twice or just waiting for stuff to open, the gallery app for example takes about 10 seconds to open, and apps constantly stopped running etc, trouble is I don't remember my old s3 being that bad, I loved that phone. Is there something I should be doing with my s5?

Clear your cache partition and speed up your animations as per #1.3 and #1.8 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones