• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S7 Edge Battery Dies Randomly and Loses all Charge

KyleA01

Lurker
Feb 15, 2017
I've had my S7 Edge since July of 2016 and it's been great. What was just an occasional issue though is becoming more frequent and actually just happened while i was watching a video. My phone will be at any percentage and it will just flat out die without a warning. There is no Samsung symbol or and indication of a normal shut down. When i plug it in it starts charging from 0% even though it was a lot higher. My phone was just on 43% and died flat out and is charging RN. I have never dropped it, got much water on it or got it electrocuted in anyway. I haven't found many similar cases or any solutions and i'm starting to think it's defective. I don't know if i can exchange it and i also have a dbrand skin on it so it would be a shame to replace. Does anyone know a solution or have a similar problem?

I've had my S7 Edge since July of 2016 and it's been great. What was just an occasional issue though is becoming more frequent and actually just happened while i was watching a video. My phone will be at any percentage and it will just flat out die without a warning. There is no Samsung symbol or and indication of a normal shut down. When i plug it in it starts charging from 0% even though it was a lot higher. My phone was just on 43% and died flat out and is charging RN. I have never dropped it, got much water on it or got it electrocuted in anyway. I haven't found many similar cases or any solutions and i'm starting to think it's defective. I don't know if i can exchange it and i also have a dbrand skin on it so it would be a shame to replace. Does anyone know a solution or have a similar problem?

My phone just started doing the same thing. It has done it twice it was at 40% and just died plugged it in 0% the 2nd time it did it wasn't showing it was charging at all just showed an empty battery. After a few mins the fast charge with the 3 moving dots and time left until charged along with 1% came up on the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones