• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 Edge ringtones keep resetting

tonytx42

Jul 24, 2013
My wife has an S7 Edge on Verizon. We've noticed that her primary ringtone will reset to the "Verizon" tone that was set as default when she got it. I had the same issue with a Note 7 (before I sent it back). Any idea what's happening here? She doesn't use any custom tones or anything from an app; all the tones she uses were on the phone originally.

strange that will happen, i don't even think Verizon is to blame for resetting something as trivial as that. Because the phones not rooted and all that (Xposed etc), i think go into Recovery and clear the Cache. Reboot and hope that fixes it.
You can also try, go into Settings/Backup & Reset/Clear Settings to Defaults. reboot, then change to a ringtone from your Music collection, and see if that sticks permanently. all the best...

Upvote 0
strange that will happen, i don't even think Verizon is to blame for resetting something as trivial as that. Because the phones not rooted and all that (Xposed etc), i think go into Recovery and clear the Cache. Reboot and hope that fixes it.
You can also try, go into Settings/Backup & Reset/Clear Settings to Defaults. reboot, then change to a ringtone from your Music collection, and see if that sticks permanently. all the best...
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try that and see if it works!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones