• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 G930P stuck in bootloop after rooting

A Factory Reset has no effect on the operating system, it only wipes the user data partition clean. It does nothing to any of the system partitions. A rooted phone will still be rooted after a Factory Reset, a non rooted phone will be remain non rooted, a phone running Nougat will still be running Nougat, and so on. Flashing the ROM is the only way to switch versions of Android.
Or getting an official update?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: Hopper Kremer
Upvote 0
You might also want to reboot back into Recovery Mode and select the wipe system cache option. The system cache has its own dedicated partition so this does not affect anything that's in the user data partition. Also the system cache is completely different than regular app caches. It's often a good thing to do when you've flashed a ROM, and the process itself only takes a few seconds.

As for your WiFi network being saved, don't forget to distinguish between the operating system and user account settings. The OS has its own partitions, the user has that data partition. If you were to do a Factory Reset that would wipe out what you've configured using the Settings app.

Not familiar with 'Mobile ID' Looking online there are references to it being a carrier specific app. Is there a Mobile ID app in your phone's App menu? If so try 'Force stop' and then 'Clear cache'. If the error popup still shows up, try 'Clear data'.

Upvote 0
So... I've been trying to be more proactive about my passwords & I decided to change the really ancient password on my account before I logged in to the S7 via setup.

Now I'm locked out by Google for 24 hrs lol XD

I don't think I'm going to turn off the phone though, because last time I turned it off during setup was when the shit really hit the fan. What do you think?

Upvote 0
Just offhand I'd say refrain from futzing around too much doing oddities to your phone, get it working and stable first, and then from that point if you want to tweak things, do so incrementally and always keep track of any changes you make so you can just restore things if there's a problem. Whenever you get to the point where you're nervous about turning off your phone that's just not good.

Upvote 0
You might also want to reboot back into Recovery Mode and select the wipe system cache option. The system cache has its own dedicated partition so this does not affect anything that's in the user data partition. Also the system cache is completely different than regular app caches. It's often a good thing to do when you've flashed a ROM, and the process itself only takes a few seconds.

<br>

<br> As for your WiFi network being saved, don't forget to distinguish between the operating system and user account settings. The OS has its own partitions, the user has that data partition. If you were to do a Factory Reset that would wipe out what you've configured using the Settings app.

<br>

<br> Not familiar with 'Mobile ID' Looking online there are references to it being a carrier specific app. Is there a Mobile ID app in your phone's App menu? If so try 'Force stop' and then 'Clear cache'. If the error popup still shows up, try 'Clear data'.
'Mobile ID' is an annoying Sprint/Boost bloatware app

Upvote 0
I activated over the phone with Sprint support but I haven't been able to make calls. They recommended a PRL update but it isn't going through and it seems stuck on the full SCRTN update right now. I tried the Titanium Backup fix mentioned here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-s7-edge/help/update-prl-profile-root-t3430955

...but it didn't seem to work. I do have LTE data now, just no calling. I probably have to flash stock again, right? : (

So, how many of the .tar files would I have to equip in Odin? CSC HOME or regular?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The settings are different for Nougat, how do I do this:
"Go into settings
Click Connections
Click Wi-Fi Calling
Click Cellular Network Preferred
Go back two times and click on Mobile networks
Select Network mode and select 3G/2G (auto connect)
Restart your phone and call 611 just to make sure the call goes through
Hangup and go back to Network mode and switch back to LTE mode"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones