s9 hd

Last Updated:

1. travva

travva Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

my buddy at work has the s9 hds and they look pretty sick. any of you guys tried them w/ your droid? if so how are they? worth the coin?

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Not worth their retail price, but if you can find a good deal, then by all means go for it.

I got the regular S9s for like $30 last year, and they're great. Very good sound quality on every device I've paired with (iPod Touch, BlackBerry Tour, Droid).

3. shocker

shocker Well-Known Member

i own a pair and love them. retail price is very steep on them, but you can find them around for much less.

4. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

I actually used them this morning at the gym. They worked great with the Droid.

5. jeffyo

jeffyo Well-Known Member

I just bought it to use with my Eris. It works pretty darn good. Although I'm having issues with connectivity. Not because of the S9 headphones but with the bluetooth on the Eris. It's really weird, like everytime the phone shakes when I'm walking the sound cuts out or if I shake or hit the phone lightly the sound gets choppy.

I would love if anyone has experienced that to post here and to let me know if that's normal. If not then I'm back to Verizon to exchange for another Eris.

6. lawilson2

lawilson2 Member

The S9's and the T505 for the car work PERFECTLY with the Droid. Why? All made my Motorola. When I had the Sprint Hero; Bluetooth was a disaster and one of the reasons I took it back. Had so many problems keeping a connection.

7. shaggymatt

shaggymatt Well-Known Member

I'm going to play the other side of the coin here. I have both the Motorola S9's and the S305 headphones. I work in an office environment sitting near my computer all day. I will typically hook up and start listening to my phone about an hour after arrival.

I got the S305's a couple weeks ago for my birthday after finding the S9's uncomfortable for wearing after long periods of time. The buds which go into your ears tend to get annoying and cause ear pain after 2+ hours of listening. Fast forward to the S305's, being an over the ear headphone, I thought that they'd be more comfortable. Well they put a u shaped ridge into the bottom of the band that connects the earpieces, which after 2+ hours of listening, tends to dig into the top of your ear. So while both have decent sound function, and work well pairing wise, I can't suggest either for prolonged use.

I still prefer to plug in my Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro buds which don't get uncomfortable after 8 hours of wearing them. They aren't Bluetooth, nor are they a hands free headset, but they are totally mindblowing with the sound quality!

Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5 Pro Description - Store - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

8. eraser

eraser Well-Known Member

I have a pair.

You can find them online for a good price. Most brick and mortar stores have them way too expensive. I got mine on Amazon a couple of months ago.

In any case, I can't get voice dialing to work. Other than that they work perfectly. I can answer a call from them, pause/skip/rewind, volume up and down all work.

I'm kind of bummed that voice dialing doesn't work though.

9. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Haha didn't even notice that both were by Motorola.
    Must be because the Droid is my first Motorola phone. :D

10. halldc87

halldc87 Member

I have also had this problem. My Eris also skips even when plugged into headphones but not as bad. It's almost like the way old cd players skipped when they were bumped. Is it the connection that's causing this? Or, is it something that could be fixed? I like these headphones and would hate to have to return them over something stupid.

11. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

You might try Altec Lansing's Backbeat 903. They are a pill to get on but are very comfortable to wear and the controls are easy to use. Ecost has them for $45 at the moment plus shipping.

12. LandToSea

LandToSea Member

I can't get my S9's to pair with my Eris. I Scan for Devices and it does not see it. I have the headset in connection mode, solid blue light? It pairs to other devices fine.

Update: I deleted one of my other BT connections then tried again and it found the S9? I was able to add the other connection back also?

13. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I have a pair of them (S9 HD) coming in the next week, so I can provide more details when they arrive.

Got them for ~$50 on Amazon with coupons and free shipping, and using a gift cert I won I actually paid $0 - so if I don't like them, watch for a sale.

14. gus21702

gus21702 Member

I got a pair of these to work out with. Great at first but if after working up a good sweat the headphones stopped working becuase a little sweat got in the earphones or in the usb connector. Supposedly the headphones are for "active" people but I guess they are good for active people that dont sweat much. Now I have problems charging the headphones and sometimes they wont even turn on. I do have to say while they worked, I really liked them. But I wouldn't recommend them to exercise in.