• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Safe apps to remove from Fresh 2.3.3

jwpilly

Mar 6, 2010
St. Louis
Okay, I don't use sense anymore because I am totally loving launcher pro. However, I have noticed with fresh 2.3.3 that there is a lot of junk on there that I don't want or need, like "coin," "battery," "Dice," etc. Since these are system apps I can't remove them through the uninstall app. Does anyone have any idea of which of these sense apps are safe to remove through adb and which are not? Basically I want to get rid of these apps:

Coin
Battery
Tasks
Tip Calculator
Dice
Quick Recorder
Daily Challenge
Call Mom

Also I have both "com.htc2.1-update1" and "Anrdoid System 2.1-update1" showing up on my uninstaller app. Can I remove one of these? They seem redundant. Thanks for any help guys.

I wasn't aware you could move apps from the rom. I wouldn't mind getting rod of those sense widgets, but I'd also like to get rid of the Live Wallpapers, which are taking up space.

I have very little space as is, and Apps2sd just didn't work right on my phone - slowed everything down and it seemed to become unstable. So I'm not going that route again.

Any ideas on this one?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones