Safe apps to remove from Fresh 2.3.3

Last Updated:

1. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I don't use sense anymore because I am totally loving launcher pro. However, I have noticed with fresh 2.3.3 that there is a lot of junk on there that I don't want or need, like "coin," "battery," "Dice," etc. Since these are system apps I can't remove them through the uninstall app. Does anyone have any idea of which of these sense apps are safe to remove through adb and which are not? Basically I want to get rid of these apps:

Coin
    Battery
    Tasks
    Tip Calculator
    Dice
    Quick Recorder
    Daily Challenge
    Call Mom

Also I have both "com.htc2.1-update1" and "Anrdoid System 2.1-update1" showing up on my uninstaller app. Can I remove one of these? They seem redundant. Thanks for any help guys.

Advertisement
  2. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

i wouldn't touch those "com.htc2.1-update1" and "Anrdoid System 2.1-update1" files

3. jwpilly

Well I removed all the listed apps through adb, but that didn't seem to free up any space on my phone. Bummer. Phone still works fine though.

4. Traviswf

Traviswf Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware you could move apps from the rom. I wouldn't mind getting rod of those sense widgets, but I'd also like to get rid of the Live Wallpapers, which are taking up space.

I have very little space as is, and Apps2sd just didn't work right on my phone - slowed everything down and it seemed to become unstable. So I'm not going that route again.

Any ideas on this one?

5. jwpilly

I just followed the instructions here to remove all the rosie widgets from my system folder. Hope that helps you.

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

A must EASIER way is to use Root Explorer. Then you don't have to worry about the adb codes and can just delete the apk's.

That being said, knowing how to do it through adb can be a VERY helpful thing!

7. ROB281

ROB281 Well-Known Member

bought root explorer, and when I go to delete the apk files it says I can't because they're read only

how do I get around that?

8. ROB281

ROB281 Well-Known Member

nevermind figured it out, it's like as soon as I ask I go back, and look to see what I'm missing, saw that explorer was in ro mode

9. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Lol now you know.

10. jwpilly

I have deleted a handful of apk's out of my system/app folder, but the space on my phone's internal memory is still the same. Can anyone with some more know-how explain that to me?

11. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

The portion of the internal memory that you are trying to clear are all items from the /data section.

The internal memory is already partitioned so that you don't overload the /system portion of your internal memory.

jwpilly likes this.