Samsung calendar vs Google calendarGeneral

1. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

A recent thread here piqued my curiosity. I have my stock Samsung calendar on my GS4 synced with my Google calendar on my PC.

What pros and cons are there running the Google calendar vs the Sammy calendar on the GS4?

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

If they're both synced with Google, only the user interface. The better one is the one you like better.
    speedlever likes this.
  3. speedlever

Thanks Rukbat. Thus far, I prefer the Samsung over the Google calendar. Just curious if I'm overlooking some functionality that the GC brings over the SC. I find the SC very informative, moreso than the GC.

GC just puts up bars on the days with schedules (monthly calendar view). SC puts enough info on screen that I can pretty much tell what the schedule is all about.
  4. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

For even more flexibility try Jorte calendar. Lots of choices on display, styles, lots of choices for home screen widgets. I like it's UI better than the others
    shmn likes this.
  5. speedlever

Thanks for that suggestion wtherrell. I should have mentioned that I have used Jorte in the past and liked it. But I'm finding I really like the stock Samsung calendar on the GS4.
  6. DM51

DM51 Member

speedlever likes this.
  7. DanDroide

DanDroide Well-Known Member

Google Calendar allows me to set a Default Reminder Time (30 minutes) which really helps me a lot. The stock Samsung Calendar will not.
    speedlever likes this.
  8. EzGoingKev

EzGoingKev Well-Known Member

I ad an event to my google calendar online it shows up on my phone too.

If I add an event on my phone calendar it only shows up on the phone.

Not sure why???
  9. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

This is the ONLY reason that I use Google calendar instead of the Samsung one. (When I first got the S4, I was able to set a default reminder time of 30 mins, but a few weeks ago it just stopped and there is nowhere to let me change that option/feature, so I ditched it for Google calendar.)