• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Charge vs. Droid x2 and their keyboards..Help in choosing Please!

deetles98

Lurker
Nov 5, 2011
Hello...

I am going to be getting a new smartphone next weekend...looking forward to dumping my dinosaur LG ENV Touch....I really like the droid x2 which has everything I want But I've read it does not have the full HTML browser and I surf the web A LOT on my phone...I especially like the x2's keyboard which I find very easy to use...it is VERY important that I have a phone I can type on.

I like the Samsung Charge also & have been told its the better phone between the two of them. I also prefer the sharpness of the screen over the droid x2...the BIG thing against this phone(for me) is I can not type on the stock keyboard on this phone to save my life and if I can't use the keyboard the phone is no use to me. I use primarily the landscape view keyboard and never the portrait view....It might be a dumb question but, is there any app available where I could get the x2's keyboard on the Charge?

I have also looked into different keyboard apps like Thumb Keyboard, Swiftkey & SmartKeyboard to use those on the Charge....I need a bigger key size basicly....the problem I have is when I type on the Charge it is always selecting the wrong key instead of the one I touched.

Does anyone have any advice on spucing up the Charge's keyboard? also any general comparisons or advice between these two phones would also be appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones