• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Dive not working after Root

slippyjim

Oct 1, 2012
Hiya

After messing up my Root I got it all working properly thanks to ironass but now Samsung Dive doesnt work. I login OK but it cannot connect to my phone apart from once when I requested call logs, after a few moments the phone said there was a problem with SyncmlDS and it would close

I do not have custom ROM, but I did have to flash the original firmware I9100BGLP9_I9100XECLP6_I9100BGLP2_HOME.tar.md5 from sammobile.com before reapplying the root

Using Titanium looking at my apps I am missing
IMEITracker
Mobile tracker
wipeoutreceiver

Using Titanium I have frozen the following apps
accuweather
allshare
android live wallpaper
digital clock
dual clock
email
exchange services
fm radio
game hub
google+
IM
Kies air
kies wifi
kobo
live wallpaper
mobile print
movistar imagenio
music hub
musicfx
news & weather
ocean weather
press reader
peaders hub
sns
sns disclaimer
snsaccountfb
snsaccountli
snsaccountms
snsaccounttw
snsimagecache
social hub 2
social hub 1
software update 1
software update v3
talk
talk back
towerbloxx
wifi direct
wifi sharing
yahoo
zinio

thanks

Hiya

After messing up my Root I got it all working properly thanks to ironass but now Samsung Dive doesnt work. I login OK but it cannot connect to my phone apart from once when I requested call logs, after a few moments the phone said there was a problem with SyncmlDS and it would close

I do not have custom ROM, but I did have to flash the original firmware I9100BGLP9_I9100XECLP6_I9100BGLP2_HOME.tar.md5 from sammobile.com before reapplying the root

Using Titanium looking at my apps I am missing
IMEITracker
Mobile tracker
wipeoutreceiver

Using Titanium I have frozen the following apps
accuweather
allshare
android live wallpaper
digital clock
dual clock
email
exchange services
fm radio
game hub
google+
IM
Kies air
kies wifi
kobo
live wallpaper
mobile print
movistar imagenio
music hub
musicfx
news & weather
ocean weather
press reader
peaders hub
sns
sns disclaimer
snsaccountfb
snsaccountli
snsaccountms
snsaccounttw
snsimagecache
social hub 2
social hub 1
software update 1
software update v3
talk
talk back
towerbloxx
wifi direct
wifi sharing
yahoo
zinio

thanks

Restore the red functions.

Upvote 0
Hiya,

Thanks for that.
Ive restored the software update v3 and Mobile Tracker has reappeared as well, Dive is now kind of working.....
I can now retrieve the call logs OK

I try and ring my phone, now on my PC it says "connected to your mobile", my phone says "remote controls connecting to server", but fails to ring and on the PC is says "Failed"

I try and locate my phone, GPS on phone turns on, my phone says "remote controls connecting to server", then says "Found my mobile via samsung dive" but fails to locate it.

Ive tried logging out and back into Dive on my phone but no difference

I still do not have either of these apps listed in Titanium
IMEITracker
wipeoutreceiver

Upvote 0
I still do not have either of these apps listed in Titanium
IMEITracker
wipeoutreceiver

Neither do I.

They look like old backups from a previous firmware. Possibly Gingerbread.

The problem may not be your phone. I used Samsung Dive at the weekend as I could not locate my phone. The Ring feature worked, although I could not hear it, and the location showed I'd left it in the stables, hence not hearing the ring.

However, I just tried Ring and it failed and location gave me a message stating that, "Due to interruptions in GPS reception, a positioning error may occur with your current mobile location.", and was about a 1,000 metres out.

Retrieving Call Logs was fine though.

Reactions: slippyjim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones