• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories samsung epic 4g extended battery for cheap

I just ordered one because it's cheap, but I assume it is either not 3500 mAH, or if it is, the cells will lose capacity quickly.

I ordered non-OEM batteries from eBay many years ago for my Touch Pro and within 3 months the battery life in those cells had dropped to about half.

Hopefully this battery will really last. Seidio sells the same thing for around $60 (but the Seidio battery has quality cells that will last for years). I'm not ready to spend $60, but I can justify a $12 gamble.

Upvote 0
I just ordered one because it's cheap, but I assume it is either not 3500 mAH, or if it is, the cells will lose capacity quickly.

I ordered non-OEM batteries from eBay many years ago for my Touch Pro and within 3 months the battery life in those cells had dropped to about half.

Hopefully this battery will really last. Seidio sells the same thing for around $60 (but the Seidio battery has quality cells that will last for years). I'm not ready to spend $60, but I can justify a $12 gamble.
ya i bought one for 12 bux also. hopefully it will last for a while. im not expecting much since it was so cheap. but you never know. ya i m not really ready to spend 60 bux on one either.i bought the 1600mah on ebay for like 45 bux and its not that great. its just as good as the standard battery. i will report on the battery how good it is when i get it.i should have it by the end of this week.

Upvote 0
ya i bought one for 12 bux also. hopefully it will last for a while. im not expecting much since it was so cheap. but you never know. ya i m not really ready to spend 60 bux on one either.i bought the 1600mah on ebay for like 45 bux and its not that great. its just as good as the standard battery. i will report on the battery how good it is when i get it.i should have it by the end of this week.

also remember when you get your battery to make sure you completely kill the battery before you put it on the charger that a way it gets a full charge. do that the first 2 or 3 times of charging.

Upvote 0
So this is the exact battery and cover you bought? And you say it lasts over twice as long as the original? This one is a few dollars more than the Hong Kong guys but has a 60 day guarantee. I will give it a try. Already have a few cheap supposed 1500 mAh batteries from Hong Kong that last only half of the original. Thanks.

Upvote 0
So this is the exact battery and cover you bought? And you say it lasts over twice as long as the original? This one is a few dollars more than the Hong Kong guys but has a 60 day guarantee. I will give it a try. Already have a few cheap supposed 1500 mAh batteries from Hong Kong that last only half of the original. Thanks.
i wouldnt trust those because after those 60 days is when ull probably start to see a real decrease i bought 2 of the 1500s from ebay and they were good for a while then i saw a real decrease in how long the battery would last and i saw similar extended batteries on amazon where ppl were satisfied for a few weeks and saw the same drastic decrease in the battery and were saying it was only about as good as the stock battery...save up a few dollars and get a seido 3300 or u can find the 3000 on other sites like amazon a little cheaper

Upvote 0
I just saw the Acase 3000 mAh Extended Life Battery on Amazon... it is tempting to buy since it is available with Prime Shipping, but it comes out to 29.99 delivered....

Really tempted, but I think the size is really holding me back.... I love the thinness of my phone without anything on there....

So i caved, and got the seidio 3300 mAh battery from Mobile City... hope to get it quickly, it was the best price there.... Amazon had stock in the morning and by the time I got to work they had sold out... and I dont feel like waiting 2 - 3 weeks ....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones