• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Fascinate has Adobe Flash Player

summerfish

Dec 8, 2009
SoCal
www.facebook.com
I just rooted my phone. I'm not new to rooting either. And when i was pulling up a file, i got this screen.

DSC00909.jpg

Another interesting thing, is that we have a file called FlashSVGPlayer.apk embedded into the phone, and FlashPlugin.apk

Update:
FlashPlugin.apk is Pineone Flashlite Plugin.
but FlashSVGPlayer.apk is Adobe Flash Player.

I just rooted my phone. I'm not new to rooting either. And when i was pulling up a file, i got this screen.

DSC00909.jpg

Another interesting thing, is that we have a file called FlashSVGPlayer.apk embedded into the phone, and FlashPlugin.apk

Update:
FlashPlugin.apk is Pineone Flashlite Plugin.
but FlashSVGPlayer.apk is Adobe Flash Player.

I noticed those files too, when I was poking around in the system. I haven't really messed with to much though to see what they do or anything.

Upvote 0
I pushed Adobe Flash 10.1 onto the phone into /system/app/. Then I also changed the build.prop file. I edited the SDK Version to 8 from 7. That gives you more selections in Market if you do. Then Adobe Flash Player came up and I updated. Now I must confess, I do have it installed and running, but it doesn't work on the Browser. It will default to the Flash Lite. But on the Droid1 it wouldn't even install. Something is happening...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones