• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung galaxy 9000i wi-fi problem

prolega

Lurker
Jan 21, 2011
Well, first sorry about my bad english. I bought Samsung galaxy 9000i a few days ago and thereupon i upgrade it to 2.2 froyo. My fellow servant also bought smartphone (LG with Windovs 7). We have wlan conection at work so we tested connectivity phones. We approached router in about 10 meters. While I had only one dash on my indicator, he had full signal. I had big surfing problems unlike him. Then we went in office behind 2 walls and the result was slashing for galaxy. So, i tested my phone in home enviroment, and it happend again. If I turn my back to my router even i standing in 5 meters range, the indicator shows less signal. I tried to fix it putting the static Ip adress but the problem exist. I turned off battery saving and nothing happens. Does someone have this problem, is that normal behaviour for galaxy 9000i or something else? I thought that those smartphones are mainly made for WWW.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones