• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Ace + BlueAnt S4

I am having issues with my Galaxy Ace model ST-G5830D and voice dialing via my BlueAnt S4 speaker . I have completed the contact transfer via bluetooth but when trying voice command to " Call Dad " it just calls last number ...I have also tried phone commands and it says it is not supported .
see article on Android 2.3.4 which supports voice dialing over bluetooth -

- BlueAnt Wireless

Why Does my Samsung Galaxy Ace running Gingerbread 2.3.4 not support this feature called "voice dialing over bluetooth" ? even though the above linked article says it does ...

Does anyone know of a firmware workaround to unblock this ?

Hi Rewjr,

The only way to activate your phone's voice dialing feature via the BlueAnt S4 is to say "Phone Commands". If it's calling the last number, then it seems that you are activating the 'redial' feature. All Android 2.1 or above has 'voice dialing over Bluetooth' built-in. However, this feature will only work if your service provider has enabled it.

We suggest for you to contact your service provider for more info on this and also run a search in Google, to see if anyone else (under the same provider) is experiencing the same issue.

Also, if you have other 3rd party voice recognition applications installed on your phone, please ensure that your phone's voice control setting does not default to this app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones