• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Mega GT-19205

I bought a second hand Samsung Galaxy Mega GT-19205, which was in perfect working condition. After I came home and connected to wifi and started downloading a few apps, it said that there was a software update available. I started the update and left it to happen. When I got back, roughly 30 mins later, the phone was stuck on the Samsung Start-Up screen which says the phones name and model. It just stays at this screen and does not go forward. I have took the battery out and left it for a couple of hours but it was the same. If I turn the phone off and then hold power and volume up, it says recovery booting on the top right corner and then starts the system update again and then goes back to the Samsung start-up screen. If I turn the phone off and then hold power and volume odwn, then it goes to another screen which says "Warning!! A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications. If you want to download a custom OS, press volume up key. Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel." Anyone PLEASE guide m

Based on my own experience (research). If anyone came across this same scenario. first if its updating BE PATIENT coz sometimes it takes almost an hour and once interrupted will result in BOOT-LOOP.

First fix is factory reset

Sure fix is through odin via pc just find the official firmware for GT-I9152.
You can also flash twrp custom recovery via odin after flashing stock firmware just disable auto-reboot option on odin (with auto reboot while flashing twrp it reboots to system and when you go to recovery its not twrp but stock). after flashing, directly hold power to shutdown. then imidiately hold power, home and vol+ keys to reboot to recovey (release power button to prevent further reboot).

I have TWRP installed and Custom ROM first i tried AOSP FINAL (Android6.0) rom. works but some apps installed turn to bootloop cause some problems like unable to launch apps and settings.
lucky to have twrp recovery I can delete the exact folder of the folder of the app i recently installed. (research how to)

Now I decided to use ResurrectionRemix (Android7.1) rom which is my favorite and installed on all of my old samsung devices. like s4 and note2.
but on this GT-i9152 the RR rom has no final build. left with one bug.
'BLANK SCREENSHOT' but they added a screenshot app. so far this is what I'm using until now on my gt-i9152.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones