• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 & Mifi Liberate

Just bought about a week ago. Didn't realize it didn't have AT&T cellular on it. Got at Best Buy and able to set up 18 months no interest. AT&T carries the cellular model but Best Buy can't get it anytime soon. Long story short, bought AT&T's Mifi Liberate mobile hotspot. Since I had satellite internet (nearly as slow as dialup), decided to cancel that service (had for 10 years) and up my data plan to 20G for tablet, laptop, desktop PC and 2 smartphones. First 2 days ate up over 1700mb of data. Holy crap! At that rate, I'll be over 50G in 30 days. With no internet service, I have no need for wireless router anymore. Are there any cost saving tips on managing the data monster? I'm committed to 2 years so have to make this device work for my family.

Thanks!

P.S. The reasoning for the mobile hotspot is because my satellite signal was so slow that we couldn't download or update apps on the tablet or our smartphones.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones