• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy R - Wi-Fi problem

Miroslav77

Lurker
Mar 25, 2012
I own the Samsung i9103 Galaxy R and I have a problem concerning the usage of Wi-Fi
connection. When I activate the Wi-Fi, independent of how long I use it and if I have turned it off,I notice the increased battery drain in the Stand By mode (this is shown by the increase of the Cell Standby in the battery usage statistics ,which is at the first place),
so that, over the night, it drains 20-25% of the battery. In that case, battery holds 1-1,5 days. In order to solve this problem, I need to restart the phone. And only when I do that, my battery drain, over the night, is 1-2% (and now, in the battery usage, at the first place is Android OS). In that case, the battery holds up to 4 days, and the problem does not appear until I turn on the WI-FI again. I need to mention that I have the Android 2.3.4.
I did not come across the solution of this problem on the internet and I would be very grateful to you if you could help me.
Many thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones