• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S III to US Cellular?

Just read on CNET news that five carriers are going to get the s3 and uscellular was one of them. Samsung said they are going to roll them out to the carriers starting in June. Also My guess this will be their next 4g Phone. I almost got the Aviator (glad I did not) after reading the reviews. Did get the S2 though and love it. Will have to wait till January though to get new phone though unless I bought it out right but just got new phone. But anyways good job uscellular getting the phone. Also it will have the dual core processor snapdragron instead of the quad core.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Us Cellular's original press release about the SG3 U.S. CELLULAR CUSTOMERS GETTING THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S III IN JULY | 2012 | Press Room | About | U.S. Cellular
lists the RAM as 2GB. Unless you have seen something else that specifically says that USC SG3s have 1GB, I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for the info. My worry was prompted in that Samsung announced that they were "reworking" S3s in order to up the RAM. The article also stated that "not all" S3s would get the rework so they would ship with 1GB of RAM. If this is a done deal, why the heck don't the techs on technical support at USC know this?

Upvote 0
That concern makes sense. I doubt that USC would announce 2GB if they weren't sure as they are sometimes coy about identifying all of the specs on their phones. As for the lack of knowledge of their support techs, I will say that of all the things I find favorable about USC, the knowledge of their employees doesn't even come close to making the list. I can't speak for the company as a whole, but my local experiences have been that if you want any information, you need to do research on your own before you get to the store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones