• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy-S phone number incorrectly shown in "System Info"

When connecting my Galaxy-S to the Samsung Kies software, my telephone shows up with an incorrect telephone number. I did change the sim-card (and subsequent number) since first using it, but I never logged intio Kies with the old sim-card.

The phone is rooted.

How do I get Kies (or my Samsung phone) to show my current telephone number?

In the phone properties (Menu, Settings, About, Status) the same wrong number is shown.
When calling, the receiver sees the correct telephone number. So the issue is not operator related but telephone related.

The above worked on a Samsung Galaxy 5 GT i5503.
Thanks a lot, this has been annoying me since i got the phone 6 months ago. New there must be a way.
I have noticed that most answers posted in this forum to do with Samsung Galaxy S will also work on my i5503.
Just an oldie trying to get his head around "new technology". Need all the help i can.
Well done.:)

Upvote 0
Try this
Settings -> About phone -> Status -> Phone number
If this is blank or incorrect, try this:
Contacts -> [Menu] -> More -> Settings -> Own numbers -> [Menu] -> Create

HI guys, this above does not work.. after Settings I get service numbers and no link to MENU.. - any other ideads how to change it?
Thnaks
Jo

Upvote 0
Jolanta, if you don't see More while viewing your Contacts, press your phone's Settings button. More should be a an arrow pointing downward and labelled, oddly enough, "More". That should get you the option to add your new number to your contacts. There should also be an option to add new contacts to your own numbers. You could turn that on and then off when you are finished this fix. When you are sure that you have your new number in your contacts and your own numbers, delete the old number as suggested by Galaxy S user.

I have yet to try it to fix my old phone number problem, but at least I found the right location.

Upvote 0
Try this
Settings -> About phone -> Status -> Phone number
If this is blank or incorrect, try this:
Contacts -> [Menu] -> More -> Settings -> Own numbers -> [Menu] -> Create

Add number and delete the redundant one. Reboot the phone.

It worked for me.

That was informative for me. Thank you

A reboot is required for the number to appear in About Phone

Upvote 0
Hi, I have a Samsung galaxy s3 mini and I tried your suggestions, when I go to settings, "about device", I don't have menu options. When I go to contacts, all my info including my # is displayed as "me". When I go to settings in contact I don't have 'my #'s as one of the options. Pls if there is anyone who has the same phone as me who figured this out Pls post fix.! Thanx much!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones