• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S3 Black Screen No Root

uhak00

Lurker
Feb 11, 2012
Hey guys,
Quite a while ago a friend of mine dropped my phone , smashing my outer screen. He go it repaired quite a while later, however I dropped it soon after, destroying the lcd and digitzer but leaving no outer damage. I then sent it in for repairs and when it came back to me it was fine at first but then the screen went full purple. Strangely enough later when I decided to charge it I left it there and came back to it working again. Then two days later I pushed my screen harder than usual with one thumb( not hard at all but above average) and then slowly the screen went black.
Now when I boot it up it shows nothing other than a black screen, not the black like it would be off but with a slight gray tone, producing light. The touchscreen is functional, the LED lights and the vibrating works but the menu and back key don't light up on touch. I don't recall exposing it to water.
Thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones