• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S32 5G not registered network

Marien

Lurker
Jul 4, 2021
My new Samsung Galaxy S32 5G that has been working OK for the past few weeks, is now not making calls because it is "not registered to the network." Shortly before doing this, it stopped connecting to internet. All this happened after the last update for June 2021.

My carrier is Straight Talk but I think this phone is supposed to use a Verizon network (sorry I don't quite know how this works & hope that makes sense to you all here)

The APN is Tracphone/VZWINTERNET & my phone does not give me an option for any other APNs.

I already tried:
-taking the SIM card out & back in
-taking in and out of airplane mode
-turning mobile data on and off (I have no mobile data limit)
-resetting network settings
-resetting accessibility settings and selecting "reset all settings"
-restarting the phone about 678676 times
-factory reset

I don't know if this is significant or not, but I do have bars that look active & sometimes the LTE/LTE+ will show up next to them, but this doesn't change anything, the internet is still down and calls cannot be made to/from the phone.

Please let me know if you need any more information and thank you so so much whoever is reading this, if you could help it would be so much appreciated. thank you!!

My new Samsung Galaxy S32 5G that has been working OK for the past few weeks, is now not making calls because it is "not registered to the network." Shortly before doing this, it stopped connecting to internet. All this happened after the last update for June 2021.

My carrier is Straight Talk but I think this phone is supposed to use a Verizon network (sorry I don't quite know how this works & hope that makes sense to you all here)

The APN is Tracphone/VZWINTERNET & my phone does not give me an option for any other APNs.

I already tried:
-taking the SIM card out & back in
-taking in and out of airplane mode
-turning mobile data on and off (I have no mobile data limit)
-resetting network settings
-resetting accessibility settings and selecting "reset all settings"
-restarting the phone about 678676 times
-factory reset

I don't know if this is significant or not, but I do have bars that look active & sometimes the LTE/LTE+ will show up next to them, but this doesn't change anything, the internet is still down and calls cannot be made to/from the phone.

Please let me know if you need any more information and thank you so so much whoever is reading this, if you could help it would be so much appreciated. thank you!!

Upvote 0
2nd for @Dannydet suggests. Since it was working OK and now it's stopped, given all the things you've tried it might be time to just have someone at the Straight Talk to look into what's going on. Could be a problem with your phone but it could possibly be something on their end. In that case, endlessly tweaking your phone might not matter if it's just some config change/fix they make to your account. Have you tried just contacting them via a phone or online chat already?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones