• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung galaxy s4 i9505

scottysoftlad

Lurker
Jul 12, 2015
hi there i have a number off problems with my phone. #1 takes ages to boot up #2 when it finally boots it can lag and even restart some times i have to take battery out to start again. #3 when it comes on to the samsung logo on boot up it gives me sound when it finaly loads up the sound goes and i cant hear any body when i male a call. hopefully people can point me in the right direction how to fix this problem im new to all this thanks a lot

hi there i have a number off problems with my phone. #1 takes ages to boot up #2 when it finally boots it can lag and even restart some times i have to take battery out to start again. #3 when it comes on to the samsung logo on boot up it gives me sound when it finaly loads up the sound goes and i cant hear any body when i male a call. hopefully people can point me in the right direction how to fix this problem im new to all this thanks a lot

Hello and welcome to Android Forums scottysoftlad :)

The first thing you can do is to wipe your cache partition, as per #1.3 of S4 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide, (this is not just for Lollipop updates), to see if that solves your problem. If not, you may have to consider a Full Wipe and Factory Data Reset, as per post #2 of the guide.

Reactions: scottysoftlad
Upvote 0
thanks for the reply ive done the wipe cache partition and ive done the full wipe and factory data reset they seem to work well how ever i still have no sound other than on the start up i have vibration thanks scott

Try pushing up on the volume key and a pop-up menu should come up with volume sliders . Check to see if your sliders are adjusted properly. You can also check out the Sound settings in your settings menu and make sure you have the proper boxes checked off .

Reactions: scottysoftlad
Upvote 0
Here is what it sounds like your problem could be . Check out these screenshots to help guide you through . Go into settings - Sound - select the first option called Sound Mode and you will see a menu pop-up . From there select the option for Sound . Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 1436703173055.jpg
    1436703173055.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 1436703195390.jpg
    1436703195390.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 1436703206613.jpg
    1436703206613.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones