• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S5 sd card corruption

Ok so everytime I move files over from my internal storage to my sd card on my galaxy s5 they become corruped. This is my 3rd memory card I have purchased so it's not that. I am even using an official samsung 64gb micro sd card. When the video clips are saved on the device they play fine. So I copied them over to my sd card using the my files folder on the phone and "moved" them and "copied" them over. At first the files play fine but then when I go back later to play them some of them pop up as unable to play video and are corrupted. I googled the issue and I'm not the only one having this problem but I haven't found a resolution either. Anyone experience this issue or have a fix?

Where are you actually buying the SD cards from? Somewhere reputable and not Ebay or Amazon vendors? Try formatting it, and then run H2testw on it. H2testw Download - Softpedia

I formatted the SD card and still got the same corruption. I am now running the program you suggested. It's a brand new Samsung memory card so it's not the issue. I called samsung earlier today and they said it may be a defective memory card slot and want me to send it in for repairs. I just got the phone back in September through at&the so will do a device swap with them to see if it corrects issue. But if you google my problem you will see it's a known issue.

Update after running H2test
Warning: Only 63995 of 63996 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
3.4 GByte OK (7152695 sectors)
59.0 GByte DATA LOST (123909065 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
59.0 GByte corrupted (123909065 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000000da486e00
Expected: 0x00000000da486e00
Found: 0xaed2baa3cca185b4
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 7.79 MByte/s
Reading speed: 13.8 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones